Thank you to Everyone who Supported the Launch of Joyful Joy
Thank you to everyone who supported the Launch of Joyful Joy. New York City professionals, elected officials, celebrities, and notable figures in the corporate and nonprofit sectors came out in large numbers to help make our celebration an overwhelming success.
Guests were treated to a program of performances that included Greg Banks, Brianna Colette, Traditional Ivory Coast drummers and dancers Kotchegna and Mexica Dance Group Kalpulli Huehuetlahtoli who offered a blessing in the form of dance.
Silent Auction items included:
- Dr. Catrise Austin's autographed book and dental service
- A custom "Crown" by Hadiiya Barbel
- Chris Childs autographed basketball
- Joe Namath autographed football helmet
- Hollywood Hino personal training session
- Autographed copy of Crystal McCrary Anthony's Inspirations
- 4 courtside tickets to Liberty Basketball game/Platinum Package.
Raffle items were a big hit and included:
- Nubian Heritage gift basket
- Pericone MD skin care package
- 2 tickets to Platanos & Collard Greens
- Autographed copy of Nelson George's book & Brooklyn Boheme DVD
- Nu Yu Day Spa Mani/Pedi/Massage package
- 2 Fermented Beads bracelets
- 2 Tickets to Black Angels Over Tuskegee
- 2 concert tickets for Gladys Knight and Brian McKnight
- Healing Hands massage session
- 2 tickets to Sister Act, donated by Whoopi Goldberg.
- Pepsi, Adiree and Doris New York provided VIP gift bags.
We greatly appreciate our event was sponsors: Heineken, Belvedere, Pepsico & Vitamin Water. Media partners included, WBLS, Face 2 Face Africa, Applause Africa and Akila Worksongs.
Thanks again to all. Your belief and contributions continue to sustain us, as we strongly move forward.